Dr Sean Butler (Geriatrician)
Dr Sean Butler graduated from Southampton University, UK, with a Bachelor of Medicine (BM) honours in 1995. He gained his MRCP UK in 1999 and dual accreditation in general medicine and geriatrics (CCT) in 2008. After emigrating to Australia, he obtained FRACP in 2010.
Sean's practice includes the care of both inpatients and outpatients at John Flynn Hospital. He has particular interests in orthogeriatrics and peri-operative care, syncope and stroke medicine. Sean has worked as clinical lead in General Internal Medicine at Noosa Hospital and Clinical lead in stroke medicine at The Prince Charles Hospital where he developed acute stroke services. He is a member of the Statewide Clinical network for stroke medicine in Queensland.
Sean is a passionate advocate for quality care of older people. He has training in all aspects of geriatric medicine including dementia, delirium, falls, Parkinson's disease, transient ischaemic attacks (TIAs) and stroke medicine. He believes in a multidisciplinary approach and holistic assessment.
- Hospital Affiliations
- John Flynn Private Hospital
- Affiliated Clinics
- Pacific Specialist Centre
- Pacific Cardiology and Specialist Centre - Ormeau
- Affiliated Organisations
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Stroke Society of Australasia (SSA)
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Geriatric Medicine (ANZSGM)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Medical Conditions
- Parkinson's disease
- Transient ischemic attack
- Geriatric Medicine