Dr Andrea Putica (Clinical Psychologist)
- Dr Andrea Putica
- Bachelor of Applied Psychology University of Canberra ACT 2006
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology University of Canberra ACT 2007
- Master of Clinical Psychology University of Canberra ACT 2010
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology University of Southern Queensland QLD 2014
- Clinical Psychologist
- Languages Spoken
- Medical Specialties
I am an experienced clinical psychologist with effective therapeutic skills, theoretical knowledge and research experience. I work with clients who experience a range of psychological issues. I also teach, conduct ongoing research and am undertaking a PhD in Psychiatry focusing on improving treatments for those experiencing Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
My primary area of practice are Posttraumatic Disorders, such as Acute Stress Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Complex Posttraumatic Stress Disorder or any other changes people experience in their mental or physical health following exposure to trauma.
I pride myself on my genuine, down to earth nature. I am privileged to work with clients who entrust me with their care. Above and beyond research, theory or treatment modality my approach is person-centred, and I work collaboratively to develop the best treatment plan for my clients. Every step of the way you can expect transparency, collaboration and responsiveness to your unique therapeutic goals.
- Alexithymia in post-traumatic stress disorder is not just emotion numbing: Systematic review of neural evidence and clinical implications https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33017680/