- Has Emergency
- Number of Beds
- 02 8759 3000
Auburn Hospital is a major teaching facility with the University of Notre Dame Australia, delivering a new medical program and providing clinical placement education and training for nursing and midwifery programs from universities and TAFE. It also provides clinical placement education for allied health students.
Further opportunities for professional and community education and research will develop with the completion of the building of the clinical school of the University of Notre Dame Australia, adjoining the Hospital, as this planned centre will have specific premises designated for research and for professional and community education.
Co-located on the campus is the new community hub providing community health, mental health and drug and alcohol services.
Auburn Hospital is a multicultural centre of excellence. The Hospital’s clientele have 17 core languages, with 67 percent of our patients coming from a non-English speaking background. Including English, our staff can speak a staggering 70 languages.
- Hospital Services
- Coronary care unit
- Diabetes unit
- Domiciliary care unit
- Emergency department
- Geriatric assessment unit
- Maintenance renal dialysis unit
- Major plastic or reconstructive surgery unit
- Obstetric services
- Paediatric service
- Dr Jong Woo (General Surgeon)
- Dr Ahmed Shahir (Nephrologist)
- Dr Michael Hollands (General Surgeon)
- Dr Gopal Sivagangabalan (Cardiologist)
- Dr David Tanous (Cardiologist)
- Dr Grahame John Elder (Nephrologist)
- Dr Carolyn Jameson (General Surgeon)
- Dr Mahidi Mardini (Cardiologist)
- Dr Naim Arrage (Gynaecologist)
- Dr William Wai Bun Chik (Cardiologist)