Prof Michael Bourke (Gastroenterologist)
Since 1996, gastroenterologist Professor Michael Bourke has been the Director of Endoscopy at Westmead Hospital.
In 1986, Michael graduated from Queensland University and in 1993 he obtained a fellowship of the Australian College of Physicians. He then completed an advanced therapeutic endoscopy fellowship in Toronto, Canada in 1994.
Michael is Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Sydney. His clinical work and research spans many facets of diagnostic and interventional endoscopy and colonoscopy, with a focus on endoscopic resection for advanced mucosal neoplasia at all sites in the gastrointestinal tract.
He invites patients with early Barrett’s neoplasia, duodenal and ampullary lesions, and large sessile polyps or laterally spreading colon tumours to take part in trials and studies. Michael is also active in ERCP research and is published in leading international journals.
- Hospital Affiliations
- Sydney Adventist Hospital
- Westmead Hospital
- Westmead Private Hospital
- Affiliated Clinics
- CityWest Gastroenterology
- Pennant Hills Gastroenterology
- Affiliated Organisations
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Australian Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Association
- Affiliated Universities
- University of Sydney
- Medical Conditions
- Mucosal neoplasia
- Medical Interventions