Mr Blair Bowden (General Surgeon)
Dr Bowden is a General Surgeon specialising in bariatric surgery, general laparoscopic surgery, upper GI, liver and pancreatic cancer surgery. He is currently one of very few American Society of Bariatric Surgery trained surgeons in Australia for weight loss surgery. He is the principal surgeon at Queensland Bariatrics (incorporating the Wesley Obesity Clinic), which is a multidisciplinary clinic helping the morbidly obese lead healthier and happier lives.
After completing medical school at the University of Queensland, Dr Bowden completed fellowship training in advanced laparoscopic surgery at New York University, United States; Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, United Kingdom; and following this completed a two month travelling fellowship visiting world leading institutions in Upper Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary surgery throughout Europe and the United States.
Dr Bowden is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and is a member of the Australian Medical Association, Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand, Society of American Gastrointestinal Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Hospital Affiliations
- The Wesley Hospital
- Affiliated Clinics
- Queensland Bariatrics
- Affiliated Organisations
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australia and New Zealand Gastric and Oesophageal Surgery Association (ANZGOSA)
- Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand (OSSANZ)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Medical Conditions
- Medical Interventions
- Obesity Surgery
- Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery
||https://twitter.com/DrBlairBowden View Feed|