Dr Steven Baker (Vascular Surgeon)
Steve is in Private Practice at SJOG Murdoch and Subiaco, as well as consults in Rockingham. He is a Consultant Vascular Surgeon at Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital where he was Head of Department from 2002-7. He has had a longstanding interest in minimally invasive catheter based procedures for both arterial, venous disorders and in carotid surgery.
Steve provides comprehensive care of venous disorders.
He was the first Perth surgeon to perform Endovenous Laser Treatment of varicose veins in 2008, and now has extensive experience. Laser is a minimally invasive day case and is an alternative to traditional stripping. Services that compliment laser procedures-sclerotherapy for spider veins and catheter treatment of pelvic source varicosities are also available.
Steve has a special interest in minimally invasive catheter base treatments of arterial disease. Occlusive disease in the legs for claudication and ulcers has been the mainstay of his arterial practice.
Steve was the first RACS Vascular Trainee to receive specific training in arterial angioplasty and stenting.
Steve holds a Diploma in Diagnostic Ultrasound, a two year subspecialty training programme in Vascular Ultrasound.
He is a reporting vascular surgeon of CVS Vascular Imaging.
- Hospital Affiliations
- Hollywood Private Hospital
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital
- St John of God Murdoch Hospital
- St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital
- Affiliated Organisations
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Vascular Surgery (ANZSVS)
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Phlebology
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Cardio Vascular Services (CVS)
- Medical Conditions
- Arterial and venous disorders
- Minimally Invasive Endovascular Surgery