Dr Matthew Burge (Medical Oncologist)
Dr Matt Burge is a medical oncologist based at Icon Cancer Care Chermside with a strong interest in gastrointestinal malignancies.
Dr Burge trained as a medical oncologist in Brisbane before undertaking a fellowship in the UK in gastrointestinal cancer. He returned to Brisbane in 2006 and is currently staff specialist at the Royal Brisbane and Womens Hospital, the Prince Charles Hospital and Rockhampton Base Hospital. He is also a visiting oncologist at the Mater Hospital in Rockhampton.
Dr Burge has a broad range of experience in most solid tumour types but has a particular interest in gastrointestinal malignancies. He is involved in a number of clinical trials at the Royal Brisbane Hospital across a range of malignancies.
Dr Burge has also been involved in clinical trials addressing important questions in the management of early breast cancer, metastatic melanoma, ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer, and head and neck cancer in addition to the gastrointestinal malignancies.
- Hospital Affiliations
- Brisbane Private Hospital
- Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Holy Spirit Northside
- St Andrew's War Memorial Hospital
- Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital
- The Prince Charles Hospital
- Rockhampton Hospital
- Mater Misericordiae Hospital Rockhampton
- Affiliated Clinics
- Icon Cancer Care Chermside
- Affiliated Organisations
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Australian Gastrointestinal Trials Group (AGITG)
- Medical Conditions
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Head and neck cancer