Dr Christos Kondogiannis (Orthopaedic Surgeon)
Chris Kondogiannis completed his medical training at the University of Melbourne, graduating in 1991. He undertook basic surgical training at the Austin and Repatriation Hospitals. After pursuing orthopaedic training in Victoria he qualified in 2002.
He then travelled to the UK, working at the North Bristol NHS Trust as a Trauma and Orthopaedic Consultant. Whilst in Bristol, he completed Fellowships in Knee Surgery, Sports Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Trauma and Hip Surgery.
Chris’ main expertise is in knee surgery and sports orthopaedics. He specialises particularly in arthroscopy as well as cruciate ligament and complex knee ligament reconstructions. He also has expertise in patellofemoral issues and knee and hip joint replacement.
Chris currently consults privately in East Melbourne, Hawthorn, Ringwood and Wantirna. He will consult upon Privately Insured, WorkCover, TAC and Uninsured patients.
At the Royal Melbourne Hospital, he is the primary knee surgeon responsible for cruciate ligament reconstruction, acute reconstruction of the multiple ligament-injured knee and other knee procedures.
- Hospital Affiliations
- Box Hill Hospital
- Glenferrie Private Hospital
- Knox Private Hospital
- Royal Melbourne Hospital - Parkville
- Vimy Private
- St Vincent's Private Fitzroy
- Epworth Richmond
- Warringal Private Hospital
- Affiliated Clinics
- Orthopaedics Sports Arthroplasty - East Melbourne
- Affiliated Organisations
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Medical Interventions
- Knee surgery
- Hip Replacement