Cantonese, or Standard Cantonese (t廣東話, s广东话; originally known as t廣州話, s广州话), is the dialect of Yue Chinese spoken in the vicinity of Canton in southern China. It is the traditional prestige dialect of Yue.
Cantonese is the language of the Cantonese people. Inside mainland China, it is a lingua franca in Guangdong Province and some neighbouring areas, such as the eastern part of Guangxi Province. It is the majority language of Hong Kong, Macau and the Pearl River Delta region of China. It is also the most spoken variety of Chinese among overseas Chinese communities in Southeast Asia (most notably in Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore) and the Western world, especially Canada, Australia, Western Europe, and the United States.
While the term Cantonese refers narrowly to the prestige variety, it is often used in a broader sense for the entire Yue branch of Chinese, including related dialects such as Taishanese. When standard Cantonese and the closely related Yuehai dialects are classified together, there are about 80 million total speakers.
Cantonese Speaking Doctors, GPs and Specialists.
Top 20 suburbs where this language is spoken at home
|Castle Hill (NSW)||701||842||1543|
- Dr Joy Wong (Vascular Surgeon)
- Dr Janice Kan (Psychologist)
- Dr Henry Cheung (General Surgeon)
- Dr Felix Ng (Neurologist)
- Dr Han Chew (GP)
- Dr David Lau (Nephrologist)
- Dr Chin Yee Goh (Respiratory and Sleep Medicine Specialist)
- Dr Chi Hui (Haematologist)
- Dr Chee Choy (Respiratory and Sleep Medicine Specialist)
- Dr Cecilia Wan (Psychiatrist)