Ms Emma Keenan (Dietitian)
Emma Keenan BAppSc, MDietPrac, APD has a keen interest in helping clients to find a pattern of eating that promotes not only their physical health but their mental health and social well-being. All are connected and each plays an important role in overall health. Emma believes that every person with the right support and knowledge can learn to feed their body in a way that supports their overall health.
Emma offers a safe space for people of all backgrounds, cultures, genders, sexualities, bodies, and abilities to discuss their nutrition and food concerns. Every human is different and so are their food and nutrition journeys. Emma aims to work with clients to discover their food journey and to develop a personalised approach that works for them and their health goals.
- Medical Conditions
- Cardiovascular: Dyslipidemia, hypertension, heart failure
- Diabetes: Pre-diabetes, Insulin resistance, Impaired glucose tolerance, T2DM
- Gastrointestinal: Coeliac disease, constipation, diarrhoea, diverticular disease, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Hepatobiliary: NAFLD, Cirrhosis
- Renal: Chronic kidney disease
- Mental health: Optimising nutrition to improve depression symptoms, medication-related side effects, strategies to improve diet adequacy and intake
- Weight: Malnutrition and unintentional weight loss
- Medical Interventions
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Populations Treated
- Private, Medicare referrals, Department of Veteran Affairs, Self-managed NDIS participants