Maltese (Maltese: Malti) is the national language of Malta and a co-official language of the country alongside English, while also serving as an official language of the European Union, the only Semitic language so distinguished. Maltese is descended from Siculo-Arabic, the variety of Arabic that developed in Sicily and was later introduced to Malta, between the end of the ninth century and the end of the twelfth century. Maltese is a unique branch of Arabic because it has evolved independently of Literary Arabic into a standardized language over the past 800 years in a gradual process of Latinisation.
Maltese Speaking Doctors, GPs and Specialists.
Top 20 suburbs where this language is spoken at home
|St Albans (Vic.)||771||821||1592|
|Hillside (Melton - Vic.)||198||199||397|
|Kings Park (Vic.)||165||149||314|
- Dr Adrian Sultana (Anaesthetist)
- Dr Gerard Testa (Urologist)
- Dr David Shum (Geriatrician)
- Ms Rosemarie Vella (Psychologist)
- Dr Miriam Vassallo (Respiratory and Sleep Medicine Specialist)
- Ms Dianne Diblasi (Nurse)
- Dr Mark Pace (Endocrinologist)
- Dr Martin Borg (Radiation Oncologist)
- Mr Benny Mifsud (Podiatrist)
- Dr John Aquilina (GP)