Dr Pierre Carel Smith (Gynaecologist)
Dr Pierre Smith is an Australian trained specialist Perth obstetrician and gynaecologist. He migrated to Australia from South Africa in 1996 and worked as a GP in rural Queensland for 10 years before commencing his specialist training at King Edward Memorial Hospital in 2005. This training included a year of intensive gynaecological surgery at Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital in Brisbane in 2009.
Dr Pierre practices in all aspects of obstetrics and gynaecological surgery with special interest in high risk obstetrics, laparoscopic surgery, reconstructive vaginal surgery, and urogynaecological (incontinence) surgery.
Dr Pierre works as a consultant at St John of God Mount Lawley Hospital as well as King Edward Memorial Hospital, where he is involved in the training and supervision of medical students and registrars (trainee specialists).
- Hospital Affiliations
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital
- King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women
- St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital
- Affiliated Clinics
- Perth Obstetric and Gynaecology Specialists
- Medical Interventions
- Advanced Laparoscopy and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- (hysterectomy and endometriosis)