Dr Joseph Isaacs (Orthopaedic Surgeon)
- 1300 065 065
- (02) 9475 1147
Dr Joseph Isaacs is an Orthopaedic Surgeon with sub-specialist training in hip and knee surgery and major trauma surgery. His post-fellowship training took place in Brisbane, Bristol and Santa Monica where he learnt advanced techniques in lower limb arthroplasty and complex trauma surgery. He is one of few Australian surgeons trained in pelvic and acetabular fracture surgery.
Dr Isaacs operates in public and private hospitals with official appointments at The Mater Hospital Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital and North Shore Private Hospital.
Dr Isaacs graduated from the University of Sydney Medical Program, being awarded the prestigious Arthur Edward Mills Prize for First Place in the MBBS Honours Program. He was also awarded the Fagan Memorial Prize for Surgery and The Robert Craig Prize for Surgery. His specialist training mostly occurred at Royal North Shore Hospital and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney.
Dr Isaacs is actively involved in teaching and education. He is the Director of Orthopaedic Training at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney and is a Clinical Senior Lecturer at The University of Sydney. His strong research focus is exemplified by numerous international publications and presentations. He has had the honour of presenting his research internationally, most notably at The Annual Meeting for The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr Isaacs is married with three sons and enjoys spending time with his family, relaxing by the water and playing golf
- Hospital Affiliations
- The Mater Hospital
- North Shore Private Hospital
- Royal North Shore Hospital
- Affiliated Clinics
- North Sydney Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre
- Affiliated Organisations
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Affiliated Universities
- Clinical Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Sydney
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Complex Upper and Lower Limb Trauma Surgery
- Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma Surgery
- Sports Knee Injuries
- Deformity Correction
- Musculoskeletal Infection Surgery
- Femoral insufficiency fractures associated with prolonged bisphosphonate therapy https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20809164
- The diagnostic accuracy of Böhler's angle in fractures of the calcaneus https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24054885
- The Delphian lymph node in thyroid cancer https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18376193
- Predictive value of the Delphian and level VI nodes in papillary thyroid cancer https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20969694
- Open reduction and internal fixation for concomitant talar neck, talar body, and medial malleolar fractures: a case report https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19398807