Dr Jonathan Cebon (Medical Oncologist)
Professor Jonathan Cebon is Medical Director of Austin Health Cancer Services, Director of Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (Melbourne-Austin Branch), head of the joint Austin Ludwig Oncology Unit at Austin Health and Heads the Ludwig Institute’s Cancer Vaccine Group in Australia. He is Director of the Cancer Vaccine Collaborative, Australasia, Professor of Medicine at the University of Melbourne and a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
Professor Cebon has worked as a visiting clinician at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle and at the University of Washington, involved in both clinical and laboratory research.
He has been Director of Medical Oncology at Austin Health since 1992. The unit operates jointly with the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research. His research interests include malignant melanoma, human immune responses to cancer and the development of anti-cancer immunotherapeutics.
- Hospital Affiliations
- Austin Hospital - Heidelberg
- Affiliated Organisations
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
- Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA)
- Cancer Trials Australia
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Victorian Co-operative Oncology Group
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
- Affiliated Universities
- La Trobe University
- University of Melbourne
- Medical Conditions
- Hepatocellular carcinoma