Dr Jacob Fairhal (Neurosurgeon)
His current appointments are Prince of Wales Hospital, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, St Vincent’s Private Hospital, and a cerebrovascular appointment at Sydney Children’s Hospital.
Jacob graduated from the University of NSW. He worked his formative resident years at St Vincent’s Hospital and was an unaccredited Neurosurgical Registrar at St Vincent’s Public and Private Hospitals.
After completing his neurosurgical training, Jacob completed a fellowship at the Centre for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery in skull base and surgery and minimally invasive tumour surgery. He then completed a fellowship at Toronto Western Hospital in Canada in cerebrovascular and skull base surgery.
Clinical interests include:
- Benign and malignant brain tumours
- Pituitary tumours
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Steno-occlusive disease
- Minimally invasive spine surgery for degenerative spine disease
Research interests include the application of Gliolan to enhance brain tumour resection and quality of life examination of older patients with degenerative spine conditions.
Jacob is committed to providing excellent service to his patients and clinical support to his GP and specialist colleagues.
- Hospital Affiliations
- St Vincent's Private Hospital
- Prince of Wales Hospital
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital
- Sydney Children's Hospital
- Affiliated Clinics
- St Vincent's Clinic
- BrainSpine Neurosurgery - Randwick
- BrainSpine Neurosurgery - Port Macquarie
- Affiliated Organisations
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Brain tumours
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Spine surgery
- Brain spine