Dr Bhaumikkumar Shah (Medical Oncologist)
Dr Bhaumik Shah has obtained an MD degree with thesis on Connective tissue disorders.
He trained for his fellowship in medical oncology from 3 different hospitals. They were the Canberra Hospital, Andrew Love Cancer Center, Geelong and Peter MacCallum Cancer Center in East Melbourne. This was a deliberate choice to expand the knowledge of variety of clinical practices and work under mentorship of variety of senior consultants.
He has obtained ‘specialist certificate in research in clinical oncology’ from Melbourne University. He has also obtained recognition from Monash University for a course on ‘community based palliative care’.
He has contributed to research by various projects resulting in presentations and publications. He is passionate about teaching junior doctors about art and science of medical oncology.
He is a member of a large number of professional bodies – MOGA, ASCO, ESMO, MASCC, ANZBCTG, ALTG, ANZUP, COGNO, PoCoG, TROG, PC4TG, AGITG, ANZGOG and PCN.
He treats all non-hematological cancers. They include, but are not limited to, breast, lung, gastrointestinal, prostate, testicular, bladder, kidney, brain, and head and neck cancer. His area of special interest is supportive care. This is often forgotten part of practice of medical oncology. He believes strongly that cancer doesn’t affect only a person’ body. It affects to variable extent the whole family and friends. It needs not only looking after body but also needs comforting the mind and nourishing the soul.
- Hospital Affiliations
- Epworth Freemasons - Victoria Parade
- Epworth Freemasons - Clarendon Street
- Epworth Richmond
- John Fawkner Private Hospital
- St John of God Ballarat Hospital
- Warringal Private Hospital
- Western Private Hospital
- St Vincent's Private Hospital Werribee
- Affiliated Organisations
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Australia and New Zealand Breast Cancer Trials Group (ANZBCTG)
- Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate (ANZUP) Cancer Trials Group
- Medical Conditions
- Lung cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Brain tumour
- Head and neck cancer