Dr Andrew Kan (Gynaecologist)
Dr Kan’s special areas of interest include Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), surgical treatment of male infertility and use of donor sperm or oocytes (eggs). His approach is to tailor treatment to each patient’s needs and he is conducting research into optimal treatment including low dose IVF and age-related response.
He graduated from the University of Sydney with honours in 1988. After his National Service in Singapore, he returned to Sydney to commence his Obstetrics and Gynaecology training in 1991. Following his membership of the Royal Australian College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, he worked in London for three years in the Guys & St Thomas’ and Lister Hospitals, to further his training in infertility.
On his return to Sydney Dr Kan completed his Master of Medicine (Reproductive Health and Genetics) at the University of Sydney in 2002, and then obtained his sub-specialty certification in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (CREI) in 2003.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG) and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRACOG). Dr Kan speaks fluent Mandarin and Cantonese as well as conversational Japanese, Malay and Indonesian.
- Hospital Affiliations
- St George Private Hospital
- Ryde Hospital
- Westmead Private Hospital
- City East Specialist Day Hospital
- North Shore Specialist Day Hospital
- Affiliated Clinics
- IVF Australia Southern Sydney - Kogarah
- IVF Australia Western Sydney - Westmead
- Sussex Specialist Centre
- Affiliated Organisations
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG)
- Affiliated Universities
- University of New South Wales
- Medical Conditions
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Male infertility
- Female infertility
- Medical Interventions
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Male Infertility
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome