The pre-operative aspects (left), and the post-operative aspects (right) of a bilateral, sub-muscular emplacement of 350cc saline implants through an infra-mammary fold (IMF) incision. The surgical implantation approach effects the global augmentation of the breast hemisphere using a breast implant, either an implant filled with saline-solution, or an implant filled with silicone-gel; moreover, the surgical augmentation approach can include the application of transplanted autologous skin flaps harvested from the woman’s body. The fat-graft transfer approach augments the size and corrects contour defects of the breast hemisphere with grafts of autologous adipocyte fat tissue, drawn from the woman’s body.
In a breast-reconstruction procedure, within a multi-stage reconstruction-mammoplasty, a tissue expander (a temporary breast-implant device) is emplaced and used to prepare (shape and enlarge) the recipient site (implant-pocket) to receive and accommodate the breast implant prosthesis. In a non-implant breast-augmentation procedure, some fat-graft injection approaches feature tissue-engineering, which is the pre-operative, external expansion of the tissues of the recipient site to receive the grafts of adipocyte tissue drawn from the woman’s body. Non-surgical approaches to breast augmentation can consist either of an externally applied vacuum-device that will expand the tissues of the recipient site. Moreover, in most instances of fat-graft breast augmentation the increase is of medium volume — usually one brassière cup-size or less — which usually is the physiologic limit allowed by the metabolism of the woman’s body.
- Subtype Of
- Breast surgery
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast augmentation
- Relevant Specialties
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Dr Tuan Van Pham (ENT Surgeon)
- Dr Nicholas Marshall (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon)
- Dr Laith Barnouti (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon)
- Dr Richard Martin (General Surgeon)
- Dr Justin Perron (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon)
- Dr Richard Paris Sackelariou (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon)
- Dr Niroshan Sivathasan (General Aesthetic Surgeon)
- Dr Eddie Cheng (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon)